Percona Backup for MongoDB 2.0.0 (2022-09-21)¶
|Release date||September 21, 2022|
|Installation||Installing Percona Backup for MongoDB|
Percona Backup for MongoDB is a distributed, low-impact solution for consistent backups of MongoDB sharded clusters and replica sets. This is a tool for creating consistent backups across a MongoDB sharded cluster (or a non-sharded replica set), and for restoring those backups to a specific point in time.
- Physical backups and restores are now generally available. This enables you to use them in production environments.
- Data-at-rest encryption is supported for physical backups and restores. This enables you to comply to data security regulations and save time on operating with large data sets.
- By tracking physical restore progress, you have a clear picture of your restore operations and can timely react to any changes or issues.
- Logical backups and restores can now be done selectively. This is a tech preview feature 1 yet it enables you to work only with the desired subset of data and thereby save time on database maintenance and costs on storage.
- PBM-896: Enable physical restores for data encrypted at rest
- PBM-898,PBM-811, PBM-812: Log temporary mongod process during physical restore
- PBM-911: Rename backup’s complete time in
- PBM-813: Enable
pbm-agentsto send heartbeats via storage during physical restore
- PBM-909: Consider the storage settings during physical restore
- PBM-943: Fix the display of pbm status for filesystem storage
- PBM-929: Recreate UUID for timeseries collections during oplog apply
Tech Preview Features are not yet ready for enterprise use and are not included in support via SLA. They are included in this release so that users can provide feedback prior to the full release of the feature in a future GA release (or removal of the feature if it is deemed not useful). This functionality can change (APIs, CLIs, etc.) from tech preview to GA. ↩↩
Created: November 15, 2022