Percona Monitoring and Management 2.24.0
|Date:||November 18, 2021|
|Installation:||Installing Percona Monitoring and Management|
Important note for users of PMM 2.24.0
2.24.0 AMI image has only 8GB available for the data, it is a bug (see PMM-9298). To resize a disk to full size you need to login to AMI instance with SSH and use the following command:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/percona/pmm-update/main/ansible/playbook/tasks/create-lvm.yml -o lvn-fix.yml && sudo ansible-playbook lvn-fix.yml
For instructions about how to access your instances by using an SSH client, see Connecting to Your Linux Instance Using SSH Make sure to replace the user name ec2-user used in this document with admin.
What this command does:
- Downloads Ansible playbook and runs it
- Copy your data from /srv to the temporary directory
- Create lvm partition
- Copy data from system disk to a new LVM partition
Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) is a free and open-source platform for managing and monitoring MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL performance.
- Enhanced PostgreSQL monitoring
- Beginning with this release, PMM now supports monitoring of PostgreSQL 14, both - Community edition and Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL.
We've made significant improvements in exposed data and added additional features if you monitor PostgreSQL together with the pg_stat_monitor extension (Part of Percona distribution for PostgreSQL). These features include:
- The PostgreSQL queries will have complete Query Execution Plan information. This will help with future optimization of queries and give a clear understanding of query performance
- Query execution histograms collection and presentation inside Query Analytics for a much more detailed understanding of query executions.
- Query analytics will both show and let the user drill down to the Top Query of the particular query if it's a subquery and have this parent query. This feature will allow users to see the dependencies between queries better and understand the impact of subqueries.
- Query Analytics can filter PostgreSQL queries by query commands like SELECT, UPDATE, etc., and by Application Name if it's set for PostgreSQL connection from the application.
Integrated Alerting (Technical preview):
- Alerting in PMM now has an additional notification channel type - webhooks. So now, users can integrate Alerting with any tool they use for Incident management. Read more about new notification channels and how to set them up in our documentation
- PMM-8027: Integrated Alerting: New notification channel added: Webhooks
- PMM-8301: Add data collection support and visualization for newly added dimensions in pg_stat_monitor such as Application Name,Top Query, Plan in Query Analytics
- PMM-8588: PostgreSQL Histograms added to QAN when using pg_stat_monitor extension
- PMM-8632: New Filter: "Command Type" allows filtering queries based on type (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, n/a) when pg_stat_monitor extension enabled
- PMM-8803: Backup Management: Improved error messages to indicate incompatible versions of software
- PMM-8636: Integrated Alerting: Additional context to alerts to better convey issue detected
- PMM-8644: Integrated Alerting: API should allow textual TLS configurations for webhooks
- PMM-8122: Integrated Alerting: UI does not indicate a port is needed in configuration for SMTP communication channel
- PMM-8484: Added support for PostgreSQL 14 and Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL 14
- PMM-7297: Updated plugin for ClickHouse data source from 2.1.0 to 2.3.1. This fixes some bugs and eliminates noise from warnings in logs as well as adding support of new types (
DateTime64) and improved ARRAY JOIN parsing
- PMM-8975: Backup Management: long presentation of recurrent intervals in Backup scheduling
- PMM-8541: Navigating through PMM Settings link at Failed security checks panel takes more than 30 seconds
- PMM-8387: MySQL InnoDB Details dashboard is not in the left menu
- PMM-8858: Dashboards: No Host uptime on Homepage for RDS instances
- PMM-8611: Dashboards: PMM Agents status presented as DOWN while there is no recent data yet on the status
- PMM-8393: Integrated Alerting: Alert rules not executed after upgrading PMM Server running as Docker container
- PMM-8058: Integrated Alerting: Firing alerts disappear after PMM server restart
- PMM-8089: PMM is not exposing data for memory used by MongoDB when it's mapped with the journal. This was inconsistent behavior compared to older versions of PMM.
- PMM-9100: Dashboards: Binary Log related metrics on MySQL Replication dashboard are not prevented and not collected for MySQL 8
- PMM-8633: Unfinished queries are included in Query Analytics for PostgreSQL with pg_stat_monitor usage because of incorrect use of
- PMM-8859: Increased memory consumption on Client-side for PostgreSQL monitoring when executing either too many custom queries or some queries against too many tables
- PMM-9046: Incorrect link to instructions about installing Image Rendering Plugin
- PMM-8952: Query Analytics: No table/indexes information for Views when PostgreSQL server monitored with pg_stat_monitor