Percona Monitoring and Management 2.17.0
|Date:||May 11, 2021|
|Installation:||Installing Percona Monitoring and Management|
Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) is a free and open-source platform for managing and monitoring MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL performance.
Custom certificates help define proper security levels for remotely monitored MySQL instances, including Google Cloud SQL.
Usability improvements to the External Monitoring UI. When filling parameters, you can enter the parts of an endpoint (scheme, host, path) or let PMM automatically extract them from a URL.
pg_stat_monitor 0.9.0 support. This change will give you compatibility with the latest version. Support for new features will be in an upcoming release.
Single-line install of PMM Server on supported Linux distributions (this feature is in Technical Preview).
DBaaS Changes: (this feature is in Technical Preview)
- It is easier to experience DBaaS functionality; you can quickly turn it ON/OFF in Advanced settings on the Settings page. (Read more)
- Database components management will enable PMM administrators to limit users in your organization to specific (admin-approved) database versions in their DBaaS DB Clusters.
- For PXC clusters created using DBaaS, HAProxy will now be used by default. Please note: Monitoring of the HAProxy in DBaaS will be enabled in an upcoming release.
Changes to Sign in to Percona Platform. From this release, Registration of the Percona account will be more secure and require additional confirmation.
- PMM-7863: DBaaS: Ability to specify in K8s configuration the version of HAProxy to be used for DB creation
- PMM-7848, PMM-7847, PMM-7421: Add support for using SSL certificates between pmm-admin and monitored MySQL databases
- PMM-7883: Single-line install of PMM Server on supported Linux distributions - [Technical Preview]
- PMM-7013, PMM-7819: DBaaS: Use HAProxy by default instead of ProxySQL for MySQL DB clusters
- PMM-7356, PMM-7581: DBaaS: Management of available versions of DB components
- PMM-7358, PMM-7576: DBaaS: Management of default versions of DB components
- PMM-7572: Add TLS options to mysqld_exporter
- PMM-7783: Support of pg_stat_monitor 0.9.0
- PMM-7064: Integrated Alerting: Presenting severity of the Alert Rule using different colors
- PMM-7946: Better error message on PMM client if server doesn't support HAProxy
- PMM-7932: Usability improvements on UI for adding External Services
- PMM-7641, PMM-7820: Add DBaaS to Technical Preview section and allow user to Enable/Disable via UI
- PMM-7966: Telemetry: Collect enabled/disabled status for Integrated Alerting and Security Threat Tool features
- PMM-7911: DBaaS: Invalid Number of Nodes results in an annoying error message pop-up
- PMM-7884: DBaaS: Fix DB Cluster tab loading
- PMM-7917: PostgreSQL exporter has high CPU usage during Restart
- PMM-8037: User can create a Percona Platform account without proper confirmation
- PMM-7702: DBaaS: Cannot edit already-created PSMDB clusters
- PMM-7991: MySQL Summary panel doesn't exist on MySQL Summary dashboard
- PMM-7939: Inconsistent format of version reporting in pmm-admin
- PMM-7920: PostgreSQL Exporter has increased memory usage with pmm-client 2.15.1 & pmm-server 2.16.0
- PMM-7700: Integrated Alerting: Rule API crashing with more than two parameters or invalid values
- PMM-7616: Integrated Alerting: Incorrect title of the page in a browser
- PMM-7396: Integrated Alerting: Alerts tab error if user deletes Alert Rule which has Firing alerts