Percona Server for MongoDB 6.0.8-6 (2023-08-08)¶
|Release date||August 8, 2023|
|Installation||Installing Percona Server for MongoDB|
Percona Server for MongoDB 6.0.8-6 is an enhanced, source-available, and highly-scalable database that is a fully-compatible, drop-in replacement for MongoDB 6.0.7 and 6.0.8 Community Edition.
It supports protocols and drivers of both MongoDB 6.0.7 and 6.0.8.
Changes to Chunk Management and Balancing
Several changes have been incrementally introduced within 6.0.x releases.
- The name of a subset of data has changed from a
The data size has changed from 64 MB for a chunk to 128 MB for a range.
The balancer now distributes ranges based on the actual data size of collections. Formerly the balancer migrated and balanced data across shards based strictly on the number of chunks of data that exist for a collection across each shard. This, combined with the auto-splitter process could cause quite a heavy performance impact to heavy write environments.
Ranges (formerly chunks) are no longer auto-split and will be split only when they move across shards for distribution purposes. The auto-splitter process is currently still available but it serves no purpose and does nothing active to the data. This also means that the Enable/Disable AutoSplit helpers should no longer be used.
The above changes are expected to lead to better performance overall going forward.
- The ability to configure AWS STS endpoint improves authentication and connectivity with AWS services.
Improvements and bug fixes, provided by MongoDB and included in Percona Server for MongoDB are the following:
- SERVER-71985 - Automatically retry time series insert on DuplicateKey error.
- SERVER-73007 - Added the CURL_OPT_SEEKFUNCTION to resend the data during multi-pass authentication
- SERVER-74551 - Prevented unnecessary logging of
WriteConflictExceptionsduring the execution of a
- SERVER-77018 - Changed the index build behavior so that in-progress index builds are no longer accounted for
indexFreeStorageSizewhen running dbStats.
- WT-10449 - Do not save update chain when there are no updates to be written to the history store.
- WT-11031 - Fixed the Rollback to Stable behavior to skip tables with no time window information in the checkpoint.
- SERVER-61127 - Retry multi-writes that hit StaleConfig due to critical section on the shard
- SERVER-77005 - Improve LDAP authentication by leaving authenticated users logged-in during LDAP server downtime.
- SERVER-78414 - Fixed the issue with lost writes that occurred if recipient shard in chunk migration skips changes by having recipient shard to run the transferMods command on the donor shard primary until it learns there are no further changes.
- SERVER-77169 - Fixed the issue with the server crash when restoring time series collection with authentication enabled by validating the
- PSMDB-1291 - Add the ability to specify the AWS Security Token Service (STS) endpoint for authentication
- PSMDB-1280 - Improve PSMDB behavior on client disconnect when the
- PSMDB-1289 - Fixed the issue with the server crash during LDAP authentication by retrying sending requests to the LDAP server and gracefully report errors.
Get expert help¶
If you need assistance, visit the community forum for comprehensive and free database knowledge, or contact our Percona Database Experts for professional support and services.
Created: August 8, 2023