Percona Server for MongoDB 6.0.5-4 (2023-03-29)¶
|Release date||March 29, 2023|
|Installation||Installing Percona Server for MongoDB|
Percona Server for MongoDB 6.0.5-4 is an enhanced, source-available, and highly-scalable database that is a fully-compatible, drop-in replacement for MongoDB 6.0.5 Community Edition.
It is rebased on MongoDB 6.0.5 Community edition and supports the upstream protocols and drivers.
- Added support for authentication using AWS IAM enables you to natively integrate Percona Server for MongoDB with AWS services, increase security of your infrastructure by setting up password-less authentication and offload your DBAs from managing different sets of secrets. This is a technical preview feature
- Improved master key rotation for data at rest encrypted with HashiCorp Vault enables you to use the same secret key path on every server in your entire deployment thus significantly simplifying the secrets management and key rotation process.
Improvements and bug fixes, provided by MongoDB and included in Percona Server for MongoDB are the following:
- SERVER-61909 - Fixed a hang when inserting or deleting a document with large number of index entries
- SERVER-66469 - Fixed the issue with filtering time-series collections that contain the date values earlier than Unix epoch (1970)
- SERVER-68122 - Fixed the issue with adding a new unencrypted node into an encrypted replica set by removing options which might not apply for this node.
- SERVER-73232 - Changed the default log verbosity level for
- SERVER-73266 - Fixed deadlock that can occur during index creation
- SERVER-73009 - Resolved the issue with the sort order on clustered collections where requested decreasing order returned returned results in increasing order
- SERVER-72512 - Fixed the issue with indexes reported as valid while being inconsistent by improving the validation of those indexes
- SERVER-71219 - Fixed the migration of distributed transactions by registering the migration source operation observer hook in all paths where transactions transition into the prepared state.
Find the full list of new features and improvements in MongoDB 6.0.5 Community edition release notes.
- PSMDB-1033: Add authentication with AWS IAM
- PSMDB-1148: Improve the master key rotation when using a single master key for data-at-rest encryption with Vault in the entire deployment
- PSMDB-1201: Improved the error message if the attempt to save an encryption key to a KMIP server failed
- PSMDB-1203: Gracefully terminate mongod if the master encryption key can’t be saved to a KMIP server
- PSMDB-1204: Fixed the handling of attributes list for LDAP authentication with OpenLDAP during the user to DN mapping stage
Get expert help¶
If you need assistance, visit the community forum for comprehensive and free database knowledge, or contact our Percona Database Experts for professional support and services.
Created: March 29, 2023