Percona Server for MongoDB 6.0.11-8 (2023-10-19)¶
Percona Server for MongoDB 6.0.11-8 is an enhanced, source-available, and highly-scalable database that is a fully-compatible, drop-in replacement for MongoDB 6.0.10 Community Edition and MongoDB 6.0.11 Community Edition.
It supports protocols and drivers of both MongoDB 6.0.10 and MongoDB 6.0.11
We don’t recommend this version for production use due to the issue with routing sharding time series collections SERVER-80203 which could result in metadata inconsistency. The routing issue is observed when documents have the shard key containing the embedded object composed of multiple fields.
The issue affects time series sharded collections starting in MongoDB version 5.0.6 through versions 5.0.21, 6.0.11 and 7.0.2. It is fixed upstream in versions 5.0.22, 6.0.12 and 7.0.4 and included in Percona Server for MongoDB 5.0.22-19, 6.0.12-9 and 7.0.4-2.
If you are using time series collections, upgrade to the fixed version of MongoDB / Percona Server for MongoDB as soon as possible and follow closely the upstream recommendations outlined in SERVER-80203 for remediation steps.
- You can now configure the retry behavior for Percona Server for MongoDB to connect to the KMIP server when using data-at-rest encryption.
Improvements and bug fixes, provided by MongoDB and included in Percona Server for MongoDB are the following:
- SERVER-71627 - Improved performance of updating the routing table and prevented blocking client requests during refresh for clusters with 1 million of chunks.
- SERVER-73394 - Removed the
operationBlockedByRefreshmetric from the
- SERVER-77183 - Fixed incorrect results when
$projectis followed by
$groupand the group doesn’t require full document
- SERVER-79771 - Made Resharding Operation Resilient to NetworkInterfaceExceededTimeLimit
- SERVER-58534 - Collect the Feature Compatibility Version (FCV) in Full Time Diagnostic Data Capture (FTDC) to simplify diagnostics.
- SERVER-69244 - Fixed the issue with the
$mergeoperation failing when used in sharding clusters with the read concern set to “majority”.
- SERVER-79498 - Introduced
- SERVER-80021 - Fixed the conversion form string to doubleValue to not lose precision and be able to rountrip and retrieve the same value back.
Find the full list of new features and improvements in the release notes for MongoDB 6.0.10 Community Edition and [https://www.mongodb.com/docs/manual/release-notes/6.0/#6.0.11—oct-11–2023).
- PSMDB-1241 - Implement the
connectTimeoutMSconfiguration file options